Received a SMS from my bank this evening, asking me to change my PIN number from the nearest bank ATM….thought it would be useful to post these precautions to take while using a ATM:
From the Gulf News article today:
– Watch out for hidden devices (in the ATM card insertion slot), but do not try to remove them. Contact the bank if something out of the ordinary is observed.
– Do not let people stand close behind you when using the machine, in order to safeguard PIN number
– Shield with your hand while entering PIN numbers
– If the machine retains your card, contact the bank.
– Never enter your PIN at the suggestion of others.
– Do not write down your PIN, memorise it.