CareerJunction Middle East has announced it has launched an innovative mobile application that allows job seekers to search and apply for jobs using their mobile phones.
Received a SMS from my bank this evening, asking me to change my PIN number from the nearest bank ATM….thought it would be useful to post these precautions to take while using a ATM:
From the Gulf News article today:
– Watch out for hidden devices (in the ATM card insertion slot), but do not try to remove them. Contact the bank if something out of the ordinary is observed.
– Do not let people stand close behind you when using the machine, in order to safeguard PIN number
– Shield with your hand while entering PIN numbers
– If the machine retains your card, contact the bank.
– Never enter your PIN at the suggestion of others.
– Do not write down your PIN, memorise it.
Log your complaint
Learner drivers who fail driving tests, can appeal against the decision by filing a complaint on the RTA’s website www.rta.ae, call customer service number 8009090 or go to any Licensing Agency office to file an appeal.
The complaint will be referred to the committee, which investigate and take action.
Full Gulf News story
Major General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina, Dubai Police’s Deputy Commandant General, inspected Bur Dubai Police Station as part of the annual inspection.
He called on the public to register for the home security service while they spend their holidays outside the country. He pointed out that the home security service is one of the free services offered by Dubai Police to protect homes from thefts and robberies while the owners are away.
The public may register for the service on Dubai Police’s website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae or send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the nearest police station.
Gulf News Story
Gulf News has a google powered map of all the consulates in Dubai:
Posted in the dubai_expats yahoo group by Bilal in response to a query:
After application for new work visa:
1) 2 weeks – required for labour approval from application date
2) After paying the bank guarantee, labour fee and other fees you can get the Visa from DNRD within 2 days after labour approval.
3) After getting work visa from DNRD, go for status change if the person in emirates on visit visa- will not take more than one hour or day.
4) Go for “Medical” (test) after status change and one can get the report in 3 days easily.
5) After getting the “Medical” (test) done, you can go for visa stamping – will require only one day.
6) Along with visa stamping, you apply in post for Labour Card and Labour agreement – will require only one day if the salary is above 4k and if below then u need to wait till 14 working days to get this in post from labour department.
Note: Above listing is only for Dubai work visa processing.
Should you have any further query write to me directly (Bilal).
Khaleej Times Article
Actor training seminar
By a staff reporter
10 June 2008
DUBAI — Residents of Dubai will have an opportunity to participate in an intensive actor training seminar in Dubai from June 12 to June 14.
Participants of ‘Act Now with Tom Todoroff ’ seminar will receive one-on-one training from acting trainers and consultants.
The three-day workshop is exclusively designed for both beginners and established actors.
The Dubai workshop will run from 3pm to 10pm on Thursday, June 12 and 9am to 10pm on Friday, June 13 and Saturday, June 14 at The Wellington International School, near Dubai Media City.
Limited seats for participants are still available, and are priced at Dh2,932. Observation seats are also available and are priced at Dh1,100.